The following items will be discussed in details
- Discuss steps for WW treatment, contaminants removed and what are the benefits of treatment.by preliminary, primary, secondary, advanced treatment, disinfection and de-chlorination Disposal of the effluent and the sludge
- EPR- NPDES, TCEQ-TPDES, Clean Water Act, operator licensing, fee and inspection, accidental discharge, Plant permit, segments
- Domestic, commercial Industrial WW, inflow – infiltration, fresh and septic WW. Inorganic/organic solids, DO, BOD, COD, TOC Flow in the open and closed channels. C, S, N cycles.
- National industrial pre- treatment program, discharge prohibited, .user charge system, grab and composite samples, 10 components of WW-system use ordinance.
- Preliminary (screening, grinding, grit removal, grit washing and flow equalization), and primary treatment(sedimentation, BOD reduction) Baffling, short circuiting.
- Secondary treatment(activated sludge process), Aerobic, anaerobic and facultative bacteria, DO, Clarifier, rate of return and rate of wasting, SVI, Modifications, aerobic anaerobic and facultative ponds, factors affecting pond operation
- TF and RBC operation and maintenance and advanced process Treatments. Filtration/disinfection.
- Laboratory control analysis, grab and composite sampling, sample preservation, Determination of BOD, COD, TOC, pH, Total suspended solids, SVI, MCRT, Total solids, DO, Cl2 RES. VSS, OUR, GSA, TKN, Volatile acids, alkalinity.
- Calculation of area, volume, gallons% reduction, lbs/dat, mg/LD.T, SVI, F/m, MCRT< GSA, WHP, BHP, MHP.PE, ME & cost of running an electric motor for a day, month and a year.
- Questions are always welcomed and encouraged.