The following items will be discussed in details
- Human water cycle, WW characteristics viz physical, chemical, Bacteriological and radiological. Solids, gases, oil & grease,PH, Chlorides, BOB, COD and TOC in WW. Function of TCEQ, EPA
- Texas State Health Services and rail road commission, Operator's licensing, unauthorized Discharge, inspections and enforcements. Agreements with industry and effluent disposal rules.
- Design goals, protect public health. structural integrity for 50 years, population served 20-25 years, capacity into 50 years and transport sewer mainly by gravity to the WWTP, System has grease and sand traps, manholes, lift stations and connecting pipes, pumps and motors.
- Safe excavation for the installation of the collection and treatment system, notify 1-800-digtess(800-344-8377) or 811 - it is the law now. Protect cave- ins by sloping, shoring, or by trench Boxes.
- Dry well and wet well lift stations above or below ground with auto ventilation. centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, pump curves, water level measuring devices, water hammer, cavitation causes/remedies. inspection of lift station,record keeping. Odor control with chemicals. Open and closed channel flow measurement, O&M of lift station and the WWTP.
- Keeping MSDS, First aid, fire fighting, substance accidental spill measures should be followed, Rules for entering permit space and lockout tag out procedures must be followed 100% to avoid injury or death. Traffic/worker's safety using cone, barricades, drum, flashing lights, orang fence flagman w/safety vests must be thoroughly done to avoid injury and death.
- Pre-treatment of industrial waste is very essential for WWTP. Record be kept, keep inventory of the service center.
- Calculate area, volume, gallons, Cubic Yards, Lbs/day, Mg/L dOS Dem, Res, D.T, Flow, Velocity, F/m, GSA, WHP, BHP and MHP.