Basic Wastewater unit-I
The following items will be discussed in details
- Types of water resources in Texas, their protection from contamination, human water cycle. WW - collection and different treatment processes(Trickling Filter,Activated sludge)
- WW-treatment plant operator's responsibilities, Federal (EPA) and state (TCEQ) treatment regulation and monthly reports.
- Explain WW- characteristics like physical (fresh or septic) chemical,(solids, gases, pH greases & other chemicals) bacteriological and radiological, Grab and composite samples.
- WW pretreatment at the source like commercial, restaurant, car wash, food industry, agricultural and chemical industries. Sewer use ordinance, parts and operation of collection system, pipe, manhole and lift station installation, maintenance and CMOMR.
- Preliminary and primary treatment, flow measurement in open and closed channels, Flow equalization. Explain sedimentation, fectors influencing settling, settling zones, short circuiting, baffling, gravity, flow velocity. Imhoff tank WWTP.
- Secondary activated sludge treatment process, its components, factors affecting the process like DO, Microbes, F/M, sludge age rate of return and rate of wasting.
- Trickling Filter (TF) and Rotating Biological Contactors (RBC) fixed film secondary aerobic treatment processes, their working and maintenance. Explain Zoogleal mass and humus sludge.
- Aerobic, anaerobic and facultative ponds their operation, maintenance and monitoring requirements.
- Disinfection, different chemical employed, factors influencing disinfection, de-chlorination, Rule to reuse WWTP effluent. Safety at WWTP, Gases, oxygen deficiency, MSDS.
- Calculations for area,volume, gallons, Lbs/day, mg/L, lbs, BOD, MLSS, MLVSS, F/m, GSA, Det. Time, Velocity and pipe diameter.