Ground water Production
The following items will be discussed in detail
- Hydrologic cycle, unconfined & confined aquifer, Riparian & prior Appropriation Doctrine, Texas senate Bill 1 & 11 and PWS.
- Aquifer media, yield, discharge recharge. TWDB & Conservation Districts, 9 major and 21 minor aquifers their yield and quality.
- Water table contour, Hydrological and Geohydrochemical maps, Texas GW Conservation Districts, Seismic refraction, test holes, different well logs, well head protection and abandoned wells.
- Different types of well drilling methods, Vertical boring with Drill collar, Drill bits, drilling mud requirements, parts of the Well, Types of screens, well development and specific capacity. Static / pumping Level detection, well disinfection & completion.
- Physical & chemical characteristics of GW, excess nitrates and fluoride in GW. Monitoring primary, secondary and taking BacT samples from the distribution system.
- Discuss Complete GW treatment, Disinfection by chemicals, break point chlorination, pump curves, WHP, BHP, MHP, well Maintenance, screen cleaning and safety.
- Calculate area, volume, gallons, Dos, Dem, Res, lbs/day, mg/L, CY, Det.time, WHP, BHP, MHP, wire-water eff, and Sp. Cap.