Surface Water Production-I
The following items will be discussed in details
- Characteristics and management of surface water, watershed and lake management. Discuss Giardia, Crypto, CPE and TOP.
- Pre-treatment of surface water in lakes and rivers including but not limited to pre-sedimentation, screening, aeration, killing Algae, screening and protecting intake water quality.
- Discuss Coagulation, coagulants, Zeta meter, SCM and Jar test. MSDS for chemicals. First aid for chemical exposure.
- Discuss Flocculation, Sedimentation and safe disposal of sludge. Four or five zones in a settling basin & volume over volume test.
- Discuss Filtration, surface and back washing the filter, Filtering Media, Gravity, pressure and membrane filters, Filter problems, cleaning filer media, media size and uniformity coefficient.
- Disinfection BacT- and BacT- repeat sampling rules, Disinfection by Ozone, ClO2, KMnO4, MIOX, Chloramines, Iodine, Bromine, UV, heat and radiation, Discuss break point chlorination.
- Calculations for area, volume, gallons, pounds of coagulants, HTH, Dos, Dem, RES, mg/L, Det. Time, Filter rate & uniformity coefficient.
- Questions are always encouraged and welcomed.