Basic Water unit-I
The following items will be discussed in details.
- Utility operator's responsibilities, qualification and licensing.
- Different types of public water systems, public relations.
- Water quality, record keeping, THM'S & HAA's prevention.
- Alternate disinfection by Ozone, ClO2, KMno4, Chloramines, Mixed Oxidants ( MIOX ), UV, heat, and radiations. Explain break point chlorination curve in detail.
- Chemical, Electrical, Trenching and confined space entry safety
- Disinfection, dosage, demand and residuals detection by DPD.
- Distribution, BacT-sampling, water storage & pump curves.
- Math Calculations for Area, capacity, gallons, pounds of HTH, chemicals, mg/L, Dosage Demand, Residual and detention time.
- Questions are welcomed and encouraged at all times.