The following safety items will be discussed in details
- Causes of accidents, 90% of the accidents are caused by the negligence of the worker includes unsafe physical, mental, emotional and environmental conditions.
- Practice 4 E's for safety like education, evaluation, engineering and execution / enforcement. Accident's thorough investigation
- Using appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) for head, eyes, face, respiratory system, nose, ears, hands, knees, and foot, Using welder's helmet with appropriate colored lens.
- Back safety, components of back, causes of back injury and techniques to prevent back injuries by proper lifting, Explain lever and weight effect in lifting.
- Texas Hazard Communication Act, OSHA standards, MSDS as guidance for chemical handling, primary and secondary container labels for chemicalsand Hazardous Material Identification System (HMIS). Job specific safety training.
- general chemical safety for handling combustible liquids, compressed gasses, explosives, flammables, corrosives, oxidizers, unstable, carcinogens and water reacting chemicals.
- Discuss laboratory safety, use of fume hood, personal protective equipment, eye wash, emergency shower, First aid, fire extinguisher, fire blanket, precautions against bio hazards.
- Discuss confined space entry procedures, roles of supervisor, attendant, entrants, and emergency rescue team well defined and follow permit condition.
- Different types of fires, fire extinguishers operation, technique to put out small fires in the beginning, First Aid, CPR.
- Electrical safety, lockout tag out procedures, Discuss OSHA rules for trenching safely, 1-800-digtess(800-344-8377) or 811 call for underground utilities, sloping, shoring or trench box and work zone safety.