The following math items will be discussed in details
- Practice Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square(number)2, Cubing (number)3, square root, (number)3/2 and 5/2. Use conversion factors to change units of measure.
- Practice calculation of area, volume, capacity (Gallons), in rectangular, circular, trapezoidal and odd shape tanks.
- Study in details rules of Mathematical Equations, Cross Multiplication and its rules, anything divided by itself is equal to one. Solve for unknown if it is in the numerator or denominator.
- Practice solving complicated word problems using appropriate math formula, calculate PSI, Feet of water head, pounds/day of coagulants, of 65% HTH, mg/L.
- Practice problems for Velocity in (Feet/Sec) and (Feet/ min). Calculate detention times in minutes, hours and days.
- Use formula Q = V x A to find flow in flow in CFS, gpm and in MGD, Velocity in F/S, and area of the end section. Determine pipe diameter in inches.
- Determine change of velocity from smaller to bigger diameter pipe and vice versa. Change MGD to CFS and vice versa.
- Calculate Dosage, Demand, Residual, lbs/day of chemicals, mg/L, lbs of pure chlorine equivalent to the lbs of 65% HTH.
- Determine lbs MLSS, lbs TSS and Gould sludge age(days), determine Lbs BOD, lbs MLVSS and Food / Microbes.
- Calculate rate of filtration and backwashing. Circular and determine overflow rate in rectangular and circular weirs.
- Calculate digester loading rate in Lbs/aday per cubic foot. Determine Lbs BOD and the population equivalent.
- Calculate WHP, Pump Efficiency(PE), BHP, MHP and ME, Calculate cost in $ to run a motor per day, month and per year.
- Questions are always welcomed and highly encouraged